Donation Box.. throw in a buck or two if you choose.
 

Friday, November 5, 2010

Some notes and changes for tomorrow.

A couple of notes before I crash from an exceedingly long day.

1) This round of Gelatin that I purchased is not "blooming" like the last one. This means the pigment inside of the balloons is getting somewhat lost and the coating is coming out somewhat clear. I could up the temperature to make the paint more opaque, but that is at the risk of premature germination of the seeds, so I would rather have plants in the spring than a temporary paint on the ground now. I think most of you would agree.

2) Some of you may notice that when we fire the cannon tomorrow, you will see white cups flying along with the balloons. This is the required "wadding" for the balloons to keep them from popping and increase their flight.

IMPORTANT: These cups are compostable and biodegradable. They are look just like normal styrofoam cups, but they are made from corn and they will biodegrade at the same rate as the balloons. I will admit I was fooled myself, but the distributor I bought them from has assured me that they will biodegrade.


3) The cannon was designed, built, and tested when it was much warmer than it will be tomorrow morning. In fact, we have not had a day since last winter when it has been this cool. I totally expect the cannon to perform as designed and tested, but there may be a chance that it just refuses. In that event, we will still bomb the blight and throw the balloons into the field. I also believe someone is bringing a very big slingshot as a backup. The net effect is the same, I just am a bit neurotic about the cannon. :)

Just to be clear, we are NOT allowed to go past the fence or to attempt to enter the property. Agreeing to this is the only way Lehman Brothers would allow this to go forward. Also, I or someone assisting me will be spotting the field. In the event that someone is spotted in the line of fire, everything will come to a halt until everything is clear. I strongly believe in this project as do many of you, but it is not worth possible risk to life or property. I think we can all agree on this.

Now, with all this said.... Lets have fun tomorrow! I just have to cross my i's and dot my t's.

Thanks!
Dress warm and I shall see you all tomorrow to kick this thing off.

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment